Chris Rock has reportedly never had a “one-on-one” private apology from Will Smith for attacking him at the Oscars. The comic, 58, finally publicly struck back at “Men in Black” actor Smith, 54, for assaulting him at last year’s Academy Awards in his live Netflix special “Selective Outrage”, which aired on Saturday. But a source said his gags in the show about Smith’s wife affair could have been avoided if the shamed star had said sorry.
An insider told Mail Online on Tuesday: “Chris never got a one-on-one private apology from Will, only the public one which really meant nothing. Chris wanted to get this out once and for all and be done with it. This was very cathartic to him.”
The day after he smacked Rock on the face at the Oscars for joking about his wife Jada Pinkett Smith’s buzzcut, Smith said on Instagram: “I would like to apologise to you Chris, I was out of line and I was wrong.”
And in July 2022, the actor posted a grovelling video in which he told Rock: “I apologise to you. My behaviour was unacceptable and I’m here whenever you’re ready to talk.”
A separate source recently told “People”, Will has desperately tried to “make amends” for attacking Chris, but the comic has never responded. They said: “(Will has) tried unsuccessfully to make amends in the best way he could with Chris. But beyond that, family is important to him and (Will) leaned on them. It has helped him look inside and mature. He is better but still remorseful.
In other news – Fans send a strong warning to Shauwn Mkhize about Andile Ncube
Shauwn Mkhize gets warned to beware of Andile Ncube. The businesswoman was a guest on Sports Night Amplified with Andile Ncube on Metro FM; they talked about sports and Shauwn’s Royal AM football club.
Mkhize claimed to have enjoyed her time at the radio station and she gushed over the growth of her FC. Learn more