The cause of death of the late radio news reader, Pearl Shongwe has been suspected to be drug overdose. Sunday World reports that police officers found drugs in her bedroom when they did a clean-up at her home.
“We suspect drug overdose because we have found drugs in her bedroom when we were combing the house for possible leads to her death,” the police officer told the publication.
They further stated that they are looking into surveillance camera’s to determine who might have been the last person to be with Shongwe while she was alive. Alluding that the person might have planted drugs to make it seem as though she overdosed.
It is so sad and heart breaking seeing what Pearl Shongwe is trending for today and she is not here to defend herself! Tlogelang ngwana wa Mme Thoko bathong o tlhokofetse, o fitlhilwe mo tlogeleng a robale ka kagiso please.
— Gung Ho Keemetswe🇿🇦🇰🇼 (@Lord_Satyriasis) March 5, 2023
A toxicology report will give a clear indication as to what exactly killed the presenter.
Pearl passed away at age 35 after she was found dead on Tuesday afternoon at her home in Polofields north of Johannesburg.
I recall a show on MetroFM shortly after her passing. A medium-who can cross over to the deceased – was invited to the show, she told Mo & the team that Pearl said she was sorry for having taken substances she should not have been on. So sad 🙏#pearl
— Pinky Modecu (@PinkyModecu) March 5, 2023